Thursday, August 28, 2008

Family Reunion (mom's side)

Our family is not known for our family reunions: after all, no cousins wed, we don't rent an entire ski resort, we don't even send out official reminders. But when the family on my mom's side does get together, it's a blast! My favorite part was seeing my Uncle Randy and Aunt Diane, whom I personally have not seen since at least 2002. It's been a while.


Everyone else that was there knew who I was, especially after having to refer to myself as "Lisa's youngest daughter", promptly followed by comments such as "OH! You were just a baby last time I saw you!" etc. It was a lot of fun for me though. I've heard different stories about different people and putting faces to the name helps.

The highlight for the kids (and me, I'll admit this was fun!) was when ground squirrels decided that the bbq potato chips were the thing to get at, of course skattered all over the ground by the kids. Abby had the most fun of anyone; she's scream and laugh and point everytime one would rustle out of the bushes to get some dinner.
Lastly, my cousin Kim suggested that we stay one extra morning and have breakfast at IHOP, one of their favorite dining excursions. It was fun remenising about old time, learning about other family members and I even got some stories out of mom and Randy about their mom, who died before I was born. I loved the whole trip, and it was fun to hang out with mom and Randy at the hotel afterwards. What a hoot!

No comments: